Awesome Sauce! New CommentLuv Premium WordPress Plugin
Out of Beta Testing Phase – Worth Waiting For!
Many of the beta testers have written laudatory missives and feature run-downs. I’ll give a bit of that too (how could I not?) but first … I bet you don’t get to hear about the sexy subject of BETA TESTING, do ya?
Beta Makes It Better
I’ve been a charter member, in on the ground floor of other software I use and whose creators I hold in high regard. One of the best positions you can find yourself in upon the launch of a new software or software version is that of a beta tester. For the developer, the anticipation is high, the hours are long, and the payoff is . . . delayed. For beta testers, in addition to maybe getting a free version, you get the opportunity to identify bugs, interact with other testers, break the software on numerous occasions (or have it bork your system to your total glee!), recommend improvements, and perhaps see the changes you’ve suggested see the light of day.
Didn’t Win One of Those Beta Testing Spots?
p.s. As a beta tester, you get a lifetime membership to CommentLuv.com and free lifetime updates too! — Andy Bailey
Remember, winning came with a lifetime, fully supported, forever upgraded version. BUT, did you know there was a bit of work involved in order to hang onto your seat? Nothing you couldn’t handle, but nothing to poo-poo either!
What kinds of things do beta testers actually do?
Look for bugs … discuss strange behaviors … take lots of screenshots of anomalies … skip around to lots of different blogs leaving comments that border on spam, like “this is a test!” . . . Did I say crash your system, crash the plugin, trash the database . . . Those are pretty extreme, but once you suit up with the big “B” on your chest, you’d best be prepared!
What makes for a good beta testing experience from the perspective of the testers and the development team? In the case of the new CommentLuv Premium beta testing, it was a combination of these things:
- A sense of humor (Andy called himself and his team “Da Management”)
- A feeling of comraderie but not exclusivity (many of the team members know one another but even those who weren’t acquainted made one another feel welcome)
- The quality of communications between Beta Testers and the Da Management (um, the developer)
- The technical savvy of the bloggers on the team
- The prolific voices and fearlessness in making known what is not working well or as advertised
- The boldness of asking for what they want (and presumably, what their readers will want)
- The responsiveness of Da Management to issues raised
- Willingness of the developer to troubleshoot issues with individual sites and code a fix as necessary
- The hearing ears pasted to the sides of the developers head when feature requests were made that made sense and received cries of “Yeah!” “Hey, I want that too!” and the like
- A firm hand in saying, “Maybe later!” in order to avoid feature creep and bring this puppy to the waiting masses.
The last one I’ll mention is “respect for our time.”
In addition to extending a lifetime, multi-site, Developer’s version of the premium WordPress plugin, the developer found ways to get the beta testers’ input (recommend someone from this post to purchase at a discount and become a beta tester alongside you) and to reward them for that input (the one you recommend gets an opportunity to purchase through your affiliate link). Sweet!
I could go on. I won’t because you get the idea.
Beta testers unite!
Let’s go ahead and give Andy his crown right here. I’ve seen a hundred launches if I’ve seen one; this one takes the cake. Even if the software wasn’t worth the hoops we’ve gone through to get to this point (and it is), the excitement of the launch has been worth the ride. I’ve never seen as many innovative tactics, constant communications, and little prizes at the end of the rainbow as have been witnessed for the new CommentLuv Premium WordPress Plugin!
Andy Bailey, King of WordPress Plugin Launches!
We say “Baytah”, he says “Beater”, I say CommentLuv Premium is sweeter! Click here to get this Awesome Sauce or view the short video of must-have features below.
/* END BETA TESTING */
Out of Beta Testing … Into Your Waiting Hands
I’ve added CommentLuv to all my websites, including the fun one with model trains scenery. When the premium version is available, you can bet all my clients will add it, too!
Latest posts by Vernessa Taylor (see all)
- Redux > Social Media: Equalizer for Small Businesses Doing Mobile Vending - April 23, 2015
- Redux > Hotdog! Street Vending Saves Family Finances - April 21, 2015
- Redux > Small Business Vending: An Economic Development Strategy - April 19, 2015